Woodbury County REC uses an Automated Meter Reading (AMR) system using the Two-Way Automatic Communications System (TWACS) meter module, which allows all electric meters to be read remotely.
The TWACS meters have an electronic circuit board module installed. The module receives and stores the Kilowatt-hour (kWh) consumption recorded by the electronics in the meter, and is able to transmit this and other data over the power lines to equipment located in the substations. From the substation the data is communicated over telephone lines or by satellite back to the TWACS computer at the Woodbury County REC office.
Using AMR/Twacs is both beneficial to Woodbury County REC and their members. Some of these benefits are:
- Daily meter readings on the whole system.
- Reduced meter reading costs by not having to send someone out to read the meter
- Eliminates estimating billing and adjusting to actual reading and charge due to unavailable meter readings
- Tamper detection
- Reduced read-to bill turn around
- Having more detailed information
- Reverse rotation
- Hourly usage
- Outage & blink count history
Need more information about your meter?
If you have questions about your meter or think it is not operating properly, please contact our office.